ILP Sedimentary Basins Workshop, Paris, deadline extended

Dear Geo-tectonics Community,

I am involved in organizing the International Lithosphere Program (ILP) Task Force VI: Sedimentary Basins workshop just outside Paris at the offices of IFP Energies Nouvelles on the 17th to 19th November: https://ilp2021-sedimentarybasins.ifpen.com/en. I would like to advertise that the deadline for registering and submitting an abstract has been extended to the 30th September.

We are hopeful to have a small workshop that will have discussions and talks on research into basin architecture, tectonics and the interaction between sedimentary processes etc. More than this we also hope to have a workshop that discusses the interaction between fluids and rocks for subsurface storage within these sedimentary systems, discusses the diversification of energy and mineral resources, and also looks at how we can sustainably manage these resources into the future.

If you can travel to Paris, and want to be part of this conversation, please consider registering and submitting an abstract. Registration and abstract submission is free. The deadline is now the 30th September. Please feel free to e-mail me or ilp21@ifpen.fr if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

John

John Armitage

Ingénieur de Recherche

IFP Energies nouvelles
1 et 4 avenue de Bois-Préau
92852 Rueil-Malmaison Cedex - France
Tél. : 01 47 52 67 03