Postdoctoral fellow in geology and ice dynamics at Korea Polar Research Institute

I would like to announce a posting for a postdoctoral research fellow in geology and ice dynamics at Korea Polar Research Institute, Incheon, South Korea.

The successful candidate will be supported by two main projects related with geology and ice dynamics. Geology program deals rocks from northern Victoria Land based on Jang Bogo Station in Antarctica and from Zealandia-Antarctic mantle domain, therefore field-based works are required. Ice dynamics program mainly focuses on lab-based deformation experiments.

New Symmetry S2 EBSD will be installed to FE-SEM on this August, therefore an EBSD user is preferred. We also have other facilities such as FE-EPMA, FTIR, TIMS, LA-ICP-MS, Multi-collector ICP-MS.

The job will be contracted annually and max duration is 3 years. Salary is ~60,000,000 KRW/year (depends on you career) and annually 2~3 % will be increased. This job will be started from September and it can be negotiated.

If you have interests on this job, please contact me (dkim@kopri.re.kr). Or I would like to ask you to forward appropriate persons.

Sincerely,
Daeyeong Kim