Sept 15, 2pm, seminar: Anita Parbhakar-Fox, environmental geoscience

Please join us on 15 September at 2pm (AEST - Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne time) for the September WOMEESA virtual seminar. Seminars are hosted on zoom, details below.

WOMEESA virtual seminar

Wednesday 15 September, 2pm AEST (Melbourne time)
Dr. Anita Parbhakar-Fox
University of Queensland

**"**Minority report: a career in environmental geosciences__"__

Register here for zoom details.

Anita’s bio: Anita is a British-Asian Geoscientist and is the leader of the new Mine Waste Transformation through Characterisation Group at the W.H. Bryan Mining and Geology Research Centre within the Sustainable Minerals Institute. Anita’s research is focussed on mine waste characterisation to improve mine planning and waste management practices where she has worked with mining industry, METS sector and government stakeholders. She has developed new tests and protocols for improving waste characterisation and is also involved in identifying remediation options for abandoned/ historical mine sites. Currently, Anita has led major industry and government funded projects characterising a range of mine waste materials to evaluate their circular economy potential.

About the WOMEESA seminar series: Our seminar series aims to increase the visibility of women in science and provide inspiring role models. Seminars are free and open to everyone including non-members and all genders. We are also compiling existing seminars by women in earth and environmental sciences on our website, you can check them out here: https://www.womeesa.net/seminarseries